Friday 9 January 2015

New Year - New Resolutions

It's that time of year, you're full of good intentions and hope for the future, even if it is still dark until eight o'clock in the morning.

I am sitting in my kitchen listening to the rain and looking out on my soggy garden, hoping it doesn't flood. Still, I am in good spirits. I have a lot of plans for this year. They involve wool.


Lots of wool.


And some of these books.


I am so glad I started this blog in earnest last May, (thank you, nagging husband). Sad as it sounds, it has given me purpose. I've always been a flighty, never-stick-at-anything kind of gal, (except for knitting that is). Which is why I am so surprised that I have lasted this long.

I've really had to discipline myself, and knuckle down, but it has really focused my mind on what really needs to get done. Which is my designs. And all the work that goes into them. Not just the pattern checking which is the crucial bit, but the photography, and layout. This blog supports all that and is the platform for getting them out there.

I have published one hat pattern so far, A Beret for Everyday, (below), and have three more hats waiting in the wings. Two of them are crocheted, which is very exciting as I am fairly new to crochet. Along with three knitted brooches. I have garments on the needles too, but they are very far from finished.


I am also about to embark on some youtube tutorials, to support the techniques used in some of the designs. I am anticipating lots of frustration and swearing at inanimate objects. And maybe a bit of throwing of wool and needles. And I'll hate how my voice sounds. I always do. Heigh ho, don't be a negative Nelly, you haven't even started yet!

There will be much finishing of projects too! Yes, there will...


There will be more of this. Hopefully.
 
My hubby and I played a set at the Buffalo Bar on New Years Eve, their last night, as the building was being sold. We had such a blast, playing vinyl from our Prom Night club. It was a very nostalgic night for us, as we had run our club there for years, and had such a wonderful time doing it. We made so many good friends at Prom Night, and some of them came to share the last night with us, which made it very special.




I'd really like to do events around here, where I live, in Walthamstow. We'll see. It has become trickier now we have two kiddies.


But it is tremendous fun. 

Got to go and video my hands now. While listening to Flashdance...What a Feeling.

Theodora.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have some very exciting plans. Your cupboard of wool makes me want to dive in and get knitting! The club night looks like much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...