Thursday 27 October 2011

A Stitch In Time Vol. 2


The postman delivered my copy of 'A Stitch In Time Vol. 2' today, and my day was made! This was a book that had been nearly two years in the making, and it's even better than I could have hoped. It's a lovely hardback book, good and weighty. The attention to detail is fantastic, and there are so many lovely designs. I can't wait to get knitting!


There is a chapter called "Fit and Finish", teaching modern knitters how to adapt these vintage designs so that they'll fit perfectly - it even includes a helpful size chart.

I'm about to cast on 'The Sunday Pictorial Beret'; I just need to decide on a suitable colour. 

I had a wonderful time helping out Susan where I could: sewing up, a bit of knitting, and modelling (very excited to see my picture on the front and back covers!).

2 comments:

  1. 400 pages?! Wow, I can't wait to see it live and in person. What a stunning cover photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo...just love those sleeves! Can't wait to see the book...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...